Alumni Participation in building NITK (KREC)
Alumni Donation Opportunities:
NITK Administration promotes direct participation of Alumni in building institute and invites them to involve through funding various Frontier Areas of Science and Technology. Following are few avenues for funding:
Institute Infrastructure Development: (Rs 10 Crore / Rs 100 Million or above)
- Setting up Centre of Excellence / Innovation.
- Setting up Schools of higher learning.
- Establishment of new Space / Building / Facility / Laboratory.
Funding Specific Domain of activity: ( Ranging Rs 25,000 to Rs 10 Crore) (INR 0.025 to 100 Million)
- Establishment of Professorial Chair in specific department / division.
- Innovation / product development project of students.
- Student projects on Economic / Statistical survey and analytics.
- Support faculty on laboratory development on thematic areas.
- Faculty and Student (combined) projects on.
- Community / rural development Project Activity.
- Research / Development projects on Smart city / Smart Material / Smart Grid / Smart Machines.
- Fund request for each Domain specific activity will be provided by respective department associated with Academic Programme (B.Tech., M.Tech., MSc, MBA, PhD).
- HOD or the Faculty in-charge for Alumni activity of respective academic programme (B.Tech, M.Tech., MSc, MBA, PhD.) of the department are the point of contact.
Appeal for Donation
- NITK Surathkal Diamond Jubilee Celebration : ☛ NITK Surathkal celebrates Diamond Jubilee Year of its inception, from 6th August 2019 (Founder's Day) to 5th August 2020.
- Department Appeal for Donation:
☛ Various events viz. workshops, summits, symposiums sport events and conferences are planned to mark this occasion.
☛ Donation of Rs.5000/- from every Alumnus / Alumna is solicited to support events cited above
☛ Donors can specify the donation purpose as "NITK Surathkal Diamond Jubilee Celebration".